- Clean, undamaged, dust-free and level
- If you are laying tiles on top of an old coating, you must ensure the adhesion of the old coating and roughen the base.
- Sufficient strength and load-bearing capacity
- Switch underfloor heating off two days before tiling
- Temperature > +10°C
- Loose coatings, cement paste and other impurities must be mechanically removed
- Maximum humidity 90% RH
Instructions for use
- Mix a bag (20 kg) of the levelling compound in no more than 5.4 litres of cold water
- Mix the levelling compound into a consistent paste using a drill paddle
- Spread the plaster on the base while pressing hard and rake it using the notched edge of the trowel.
- Workable for about one hour after adding water
- Wash tools with water immediately after completing the work
- Remove dried levelling compound mechanically
- Grout after around one day depending on the air temperature and relative humidity.
- The information is based on tests and practical experience. We cannot affect conditions at the work site so we cannot assume responsibility for the end result affected by local conditions.
Storage and handling of waste
See the separate storage and disposal instructions https://www.fescon.fi/en/material-bank