- The substrate must be clean, dust-free, solid and immobile
- Loose layers, cement paste, and any other impurities must have been removed mechanically to ensure adhesion.
- The subfloor structure must be more than +10°C.
- When using Fescon WS waterproofing compound, the substrate’s relative humidity must be < 90%, with Fescoseal A+B waterproofing compound < 95%
- Concrete and cement-based levelling compounds: 1 part of primer and 3 parts of water
- Substrates that do not tolerate moisture, such as gypsum boards on floors and wood substrates: Not to be thinned.
- Mix the product before use by turning the package avoid shaking.
- The primer is spread thinly using a brush. Fescon primer must not be applied so much that it creates puddles.
- The primer must be dry before the waterproofing compound or leveling compound is spread (1–4 hours, depending on the conditions).
- Highly absorbent substrates (such as in-situ cast concrete floors or renovated floors) are primed twice. The first layer with a ratio of 1:5 (1 part primer, 5 parts water), and the second layer with a ratio of 1:3.
- Wash tools and equipment with water immediately.
Other points to note
- When using building boards in wet spaces, check the priming instructions from the manufacturer.
Storage and handling of waste
See the separate storage and disposal instructions https://www.fescon.fi/en/material-bank