- Use two drain flange fibres sized 300 x 300 mm
- Use two drain flanges to make one through-hole piece. The drain flanges are connected to each other with a waterproofing compound at a 45-degree angle, with the holes aligned. Make sure that there are no exposed areas or air pockets in the drain flanges. Do this preparation as a separate step elsewhere, not on top of the drain.
- Start by placing the first drain flange on the floor. Brush the waterproofing compound on the top part, and place the other drain flange at a 45-degree angle over it, with the holes aligned. Brush the waterproofing compound on the top surface of the second piece. Make sure the drain flanges are fully attached to each other, with no exposed areas.
- Brush the waterproofing compound around the drain so that the through-hole piece you have made covers the wet waterproofing compound in its entirety. Install the prepared through-hole piece over the drain with the waterproofed surfaces against each other. The hole must be in the middle of the sewer. Brush the waterproofing compound on the piece that is in place, and ensure that the through-hole piece is properly attached to the base and that there are no air pockets.
- Apply the first layer of the waterproofing compound across the entire floor area to be waterproofed. Allow the first layer of the waterproofing compound to dry for 4–8 hours before adding a second layer.
- Enlarge the hole in the through-hole piece according to the instructions provided by the drain manufacturer. Install the clamping ring specified by the drain manufacturer. Fold and tighten the drain’s through-hole piece using the clamping ring against the inside of the drain, pressing evenly. The drain flange must reach all the way down to the bottom edge of the clamping ring when the ring is fully installed. Cut any excess parts off the bottom.
- NO waterproofing compound is to be applied inside the floor drain.
- If a drain flange the size of 300 x 300 mm is used for a through-hole, the hole must be enlarged to create a collar of about 10–15 mm.
Other points to note
- Waterproofing is carried out in accordance with RT cards and RIL guidelines.
Storage and handling of waste
See the separate storage and disposal instructions https://www.fescon.fi/en/material-bank