Fescon Waterproofing Compound is a 1-component, rollable and fibre-reinforced waterproofing compound for indoor applications. Suitable for waterproofing floors and walls. Consumption about 0.7 l/m2 on walls and about 1.0 l/m2 on floors. Accessories used with the waterproofing compound: Fescon primer, drain flange 300 x 300 mm fibre or drain flange KL-B, waterproofing strip 0.15 x 25 m and/or waterproofing accessories FS.
- Consumption: approx. 0.7 l/m2 on walls, approx. 1.0 l/m2 on floors
- Sufficient dry membrane thickness easily with two treatments.
- Easy to spread, jelly-like
- ETA and M1 approved
- Eurofins Expert Services Oy product certificate no. C-870-06
- Waterproofing of indoor walls and floors to be tiled.
- For the treatment of interior concrete element seams to prevent cracks in the inner surface
- The base can be concrete, a cement-based leveling compound, or a building board suitable for wet areas.
The product is listed in the portal for building products that can be used in Nordic Swan Ecolabelled buildings.
Vinkki! Vieritä taulukkoa sivuttain
Waterproofing compound 3L
Waterproofing compound 12L
- The substrate can be concrete, lightweight concrete, a cement-based filler or building board suitable for wet rooms
- The substrate must be clean, solid, dust-free and vacuum-cleaned. The substrate must be solid and immobile.
- Loose layers, cement paste and any other impurities have been removed mechanically to ensure adhesion between the product and the substrate.
- The substrate temperature is more than +10°C and the relative humidity less than 90%.
- Underfloor heating must be turned off two days before waterproofing.
- Uneven floors are levelled with Fescon floor levelling plasters, and the walls with Fescon Levelling compound for wet areas WTT
- Priming is done with Fescon Primer, following the instructions in the product card.
- Concrete substrates and cement-based filler substrates: 1 part Fescon Primer, 3 parts water.
- Substrates that do not tolerate moisture, such as gypsum-based building boards: Not to be thinned.
- Fescon Primer is spread thinly with a brush. Fescon Primer must not be applied so much that it creates puddles.
- Two treatments for highly absorbent substrates (such as concrete floors cast on site).
- Fescon Primer must be dry before Waterproofing compound is applied, requiring 1–4 hours, depending on the conditions.
Mixing and application
- Use the following accessories with Waterproofing compound: Fescon Primer, Drain flange 300x300 mm fibre or Drain flange KL-B, Waterproofing strip 0.15 x 25 m and/or Waterproofing accessories FS series
- The through-hole flange must be one size smaller than the hole to be waterproofed.
- Waterproofing compound is always applied with two different treatments
- Waterproofing compound is mixed before use.
- Waterproofing starts from the walls by applying Primer according to the priming instructions
- Spread Waterproofing compound into the corners, where two elements meet and into through-holes. Waterproofing accessories compatible with the system are attached to the wet waterproofing compound. Spread the waterproofing compound thoroughly over the strengthening strips using a brush or roller. Make sure that the strips are fully attached to the waterproofing compound below, with no exposed parts. The strengthening strips must be between two waterproofing compound layers.
- Apply the first layer of Waterproofing compound across the entire wall area to be waterproofed. The second layer may be applied about 4 - 8 hours later. Waterproofing compound WS changes colour as it dries. The surfaces must be dry before the next layer.
- Tile the walls before waterproofing the floor. Complete the bottom row of tiles when you start working on the floor tiles.
- Start the floor waterproofing by priming the floor according to the primer product’s instructions.
- Spread the waterproofing compound into the corners and into through-holes. Waterproofing accessories compatible with the system are attached to the wet waterproofing compound. Spread the waterproofing compound thoroughly over the strengthening strips using a brush or roller. Make sure that the strips are fully attached to the waterproofing compound below, with no exposed parts. The strengthening strips must be between two waterproofing compound layers.
- The tools can be washed with water directly after use.
Drain flange 300 x 300 mm fibre, clamping ring installation and waterproofing of floor
- Use two drain flange fibres sized 300 x 300 mm
- Use two drain flanges to make one through-hole piece. The drain flanges are connected to each other with a waterproofing compound at a 45-degree angle, with the holes aligned. Make sure that there are no exposed areas or air pockets in the drain flanges. Do this preparation as a separate step elsewhere, not on top of the drain.
- Start by placing the first drain flange on the floor. Brush the waterproofing compound on the top part, and place the other drain flange at a 45-degree angle over it, with the holes aligned. Brush the waterproofing compound on the top surface of the second piece. Make sure the drain flanges are fully attached to each other, with no exposed areas.
- Brush the waterproofing compound around the drain so that the through-hole piece you have made covers the wet waterproofing compound in its entirety. Install the prepared through-hole piece over the drain with the waterproofed surfaces against each other. The hole must be in the middle of the sewer. Brush the waterproofing compound on the piece that is in place, and ensure that the through-hole piece is properly attached to the base and that there are no air pockets.
- Apply the first layer of the waterproofing compound across the entire floor area to be waterproofed. Allow the first layer of the waterproofing compound to dry for 4–8 hours before adding a second layer.
- Spread a second layer of the waterproofing compound on the entire area, also over the drain flange. Allow the second layer to dry for about 12 hours before installing the clamping ring.
- Enlarge the hole in the through-hole piece according to the instructions provided by the drain manufacturer. Install the clamping ring specified by the drain manufacturer. Fold and tighten the drain’s through-hole piece using the clamping ring against the inside of the drain, pressing evenly. The drain flange must reach all the way down to the bottom edge of the clamping ring when the ring is fully installed. Cut any excess parts off the bottom.
- No waterproofing compound is to be applied inside the floor drain.
Drain flange KL-B and clamping ring installation and waterproofing of floor
- Install drain flange KL-B over the drain, on dried primer. First remove half of the protective paper and attach it to half of the drain. Remove the other half of the protective paper and turn the other half of the drain flange against the drain. The drain must be fully covered by the drain flange. Make sure that the drain flange is fully attached. Spread the waterproofing compound all over drain flange KL-B. Do Not apply the waterproofing compound under the drain flange.
- Apply the first layer of the waterproofing compound across the entire floor area to be waterproofed. Allow the first layer to dry for about 4–8 hours before installing the floor drain clamping ring and applying the second layer.
- Install the clamping ring. Start by cutting a hole in the middle of the floor drain, as instructed by the drain manufacturer. Fold and tighten drain flange KL-B using the clamping ring against the inside of the drain, pressing evenly. The drain flange must reach all the way down to the bottom edge of the clamping ring when the ring is fully installed. Cut any excess parts off the bottom.
- Apply the waterproofing compound on the floor area to be waterproofed for a second time. The second layer of the waterproofing compound extends to the top edge of the clamping ring.
- No waterproofing compound is to be applied inside the floor drain.
- Through-holes can also be made using waterproofing strip 0.15 x 25 m or waterproofing membrane. A waterproofing strip can be used for through-holes with a maximum diameter of 75 mm. Any larger through-holes are made using waterproofing membrane or drain flange 300 x 300 mm. A ready-made drain flange must be used for drains.
- Waterproofing is carried out in accordance with RT cards and RIL guidelines.
- The drying times in the product card apply to +20°C, relative humidity 50%. Low temperature or high humidity in the work area extend the drying period.
- The product will dry enough to walk on within about 4–8 hours.
- Avoid walking on a recently waterproofed floor.
- Waterproofing compound is not suited for outdoor use, such as balconies. Similarly, the product cannot be used is locations in which the waterproofed spaces may freeze, such as outdoor saunas without continuous heating. For such locations, use Fescon Fescoseal A+B two-component waterproofing compound.
- Waterproofing compound is not suitable for spaces continuously exposed to water, such as swimming pools
Storage and handling of waste. See the separate storage and disposal instructions https://www.fescon.fi/en/material-bank
walls: approx. 0.7 l/m2 (app. 1,0 kg/m2), floors: approx. 1.0 l/m2 (app. 1,3 kg/m2)
3 l and 12 l
For 18 months from the manufacturing date shown on the package, store in a warm place. The product must not freeze.
1 l = 1.3 kg
+10°C...25°C (platform and internal temperature)
About 4–8 hours first treatment. After second treatment, about 12 hours before installing tiles (+20°C, relative humidity 50%).
tiles may be installed after a second treatment, after about 12 hours.
not frost resistant
0.4 mm / wall, 0.6 mm / floor
|Method of application
brush or roller
The information is based on tests and practical experience. We cannot affect conditions at the work site so we cannot assume responsibility for the end result affected by local conditions.