- The substrate must be clean, dust-free, solid and immobile
- Loose layers, cement paste, and other impurities have been mechanically removed to ensure adhesion.
- The temperature of the underlaying structure is > +10°C and relative humidity < 95% RH.
- When performing waterproofing, the relative humidity must be < 90%
- The relative humidity of the subfloor affects the drying of the leveling compounds
- Concrete and cement-based levelling compounds: 1 part of primer and 3 parts of water
- Bases that do not tolerate moisture, such as plaster and wood: do not thin
- Mix the product before use by turning the package avoid shaking.
- Fescon primer is spread thinly with a brush. Fescon primer must not be applied so much that it creates puddles.
- Fescon primer must be dry before the waterproofing compound or leveling compound is spread (1–4 hours, depending on the conditions).
- Highly absorbent substrates (such as in-situ cast concrete floors or renovated floors) are primed twice. The first layer with a ratio of 1:5 (1 part primer, 5 parts water), and the second layer with a ratio of 1:3.
- If air bubbles form on the surface of the floor leveling compound, it is generally a sign of insufficient priming.
- Wash tools and equipment with water immediately.
Other points to note
- For non-absorbent surfaces (e.g. ceramic tiles, epoxy, metal), use Primer PLUS as instructed.
- The stress category of wall fillers can be improved by replacing 10% of the water with primer. This improves the stress category to RL 04.
Storage and handling of waste
See the separate storage and disposal instructions https://www.fescon.fi/en/material-bank