- Concrete substrates
- The base is clean, solid and vacuum-cleaned
- Loose layers, cement paste and other impurities must be mechanically removed
- Smooth concrete surfaces should be coarsened
- The base have to sufficient strength, load-bearing capacity and immobility
- The tensile strength of the base must be > 1.0 MPa
- The temperature of the underfloor structure is > +10°C and relative humidity < 95% RH The relative humidity of the underfloor structure affects the setting of the floor levelling compound
- Priming is performed according to the instructions of Fescon Adhesive Primer or Flow Primer, depending on the base
- Impermeable surfaces, such as ceramic tiles, epoxy and metal surfaces, are pre-treated according to the instructions for Fescon Primer PLUS
- No primers are used in outdoor installations. To prime the surface, wet it with water roughly an hour before applying Fescorapid. The surface should be matte there must be no puddles of water on the surface
Instructions for use
- The work area must be completely protected from wind, draft, sun and rain.
- During work, the indoor temperature must be +10°C…+25 °C and the relative humidity more than 40%.
- A sack (20 kg) of plaster is mixed with 4.0–4.4 litres of cold water.
- Do not use any excess water, because it weakens the finishing plaster’s strength properties, increases the risk of bleeding and extends the drying period.
- Mix into a smooth paste with a mixing paddle connected to a power drill.
- Working time is around 15 minutes from adding the water
- The finishing plaster is spread with a steel trowel on the surface to be levelled
- Wash the tools with water immediately after finishing work
- Remove dried levelling compound mechanically
- The floor compound can be waterproofed directly with products from the certified Fescon waterproofing system
- Can be covered with ceramic tiles, plastic coatings, textile mats, vinyl tiles, wood parquet or laminate, as well as cork
- Also suitable as a base for wooden floor that is glued in place.
- A layer thickness of more than 3mm can be painted or epoxy coated.
- However, it must be ensured that the levelling compound, concerning its technical properties, meets the requirements of the manufacturer of the floor covering and RYL for bases to be covered, with the entire structure in mind
- To dry properly, the finishing plaster requires a relative indoor air humidity of below 50% and temperatures above +20°C. Poor conditions compromise the strength of the finishing plaster and prolong the drying time
Storage and handling of waste
See the separate storage and disposal instructions https://www.fescon.fi/en/material-bank