- Clean, undamaged, dust-free and level
- If you are laying tiles on top of an old coating, you must ensure the adhesion of the old coating and roughen the base.
- Sufficient strength and load-bearing capacity
- Switch underfloor heating off two days before tiling
- Temperature > + 10°C
- Loose coatings, cement paste and other impurities must be mechanically removed
- Maximum humidity 95% RH
Instructions for use
- Mix a bag (20 kg) of the levelling compound in around 4.4 litres of cold water
- mix into a consistent mass with a power mixer or a drill paddle.
- spread the plaster on the base while pressing hard and rake it.
- Workable for about three hours after adding water
- Wash tools with water immediately after completing the work
- Remove dried plaster mechanically
- Choose the tooth size of the plastering trowel according to the size of the tile and the adhesion surface.
- Grout after around one day with absorbent bases; with solid bases and waterproofed surfaces, grout after 2-5 days.
- The information is based on tests and practical experience. We cannot affect conditions at the work site so we cannot assume responsibility for the end result affected by local conditions.
Storage and handling of waste
See the separate storage and disposal instructions https://www.fescon.fi/en/material-bank